Do you often find yourself disappointed with Siri’s responses to your questions? Well, you’re not alone. Fortunately, there’s a free shortcut you can use to superpower your Siri with the official ChatGPT API.
In the above video, I created a shortcut that illustrates the power of upgraded Siri with chat. As you can see from the examples in the video, the current Siri doesn’t do too well on questions that may be beyond its abilities at the moment, but the upgraded Siri with chat does amazingly well.
If you’re interested in adding this feature to your phone, here’s how to do it:
- Go to openAI.com and log in or sign up for a new account.
- Visit the API Key page and create a secret key for their API by clicking the “Create a secret key” button. Copy the secret key you just created.
- Add the free add-on for the Super Siri with ChatGPT by visiting this link.
- Customize the shortcut by clicking the three dots and heading to the text field. Add your secret key that you just copied from the OpenAI API page.
- Edit the “ask for text” section and type what you want Siri to ask you. I’ve put “How can I help you?” in the example.
- Click on the shortcut to give it a try. Type in some text (e.g., “hi”) and allow it to do its thing.
- Allow the text to be copied to the clipboard. I’ve set it up so that it will automatically copy the text for you to use.
- Try it out yourself. Activate Siri on your phone and say “Super Siri.” You can now ask Siri much more difficult questions and get creative and helpful responses.
- You can also add a shortcut on your home page to type in text in case you don’t want to speak.
I’ve found this feature to be helpful in many instances, and you don’t need to go to the ChatGPT website to use it. Let me know what you think and if you’re interested in learning more about how I can benefit your church ministry. Be sure to follow me on social media and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more content.